Life has been pretty crazy around here the last few months!! Our family will be going through a lot of changes in the next few months--and couldn't be more excited. Here is an entry that I wrote approximately 16 weeks ago...
11/29/2011
It's amazing to me how fast your life can change. How you can go from a worried stressful state to pure bliss and pure excitement in a matter of a second. Our week has been quite eventful. And while I won't post this for a few more weeks, I want to record these feelings while it's new. Last week we went to Jeff's sister's house in Colorado for Thanksgiving. We had a great time visiting their family and they treated us so well! While we were there, I had another gall bladder attack. Jeff and I both called it the day before since they usually happen after a big meal. I also had just had one a week previous to the one on Thanksgiving. With 2 attacks happening in the same week, we were ready to get some medical help. At the time I wasn't sure if I was experiencing gallbladder pain or heart pain because pain from both heart and gallbladder occur in the chest and radiate to your back, shoulder, neck, etc. Yesterday (Monday) morning after we'd returned from our trip, I called the BYUI health center and made an appointment for that morning. When I got my vitals taken, the nurse's assistant said my heart rate was really fast. She kept the little finger monitor on while we waited for the doctor. I started to think of all the possibilities or reasoning for an increased heart rate and could only think of my chest pain. Jeff later told me he was thinking the same thing. After talking with the doctor for a while and deciding to get an ultrasound to take a look at my gallbladder, she went through some routine questions. She asked me if I had only the one pregnancy and birth. And I answered affirmatively, and then mentioned of course, "as far as I know." She asked what I meant by that. I explained that I was late, but had just taken a pregnancy test a few days previous and it was negative. I didn't think I was pregnant, but there's always that small possibility. She asked some more questions and then took me to do some blood and urine tests. Afterwards I was taken back into a room and had to wait again for the doctor. I'd had blood tests done before there and never had been taken back to a room afterwards. I was really starting to get nervous. The doctor walked in and asked me, "How does July 20th sound?" Really confused, I asked her, "For what?" She said, "To have a baby, that's what." It took me a minute to realize what was happening. Here I thought I was getting bad news, and actually got the best news I could ask for! Jeff and Tanner were in the room and we were so excited together. I guess those store-bought tests are not always accurate or I tested too early. I don't feel pregnant at all with the exception of the sore back and extreme tiredness. I went home and tested again just to see the 2 lines. It felt a little less surreal after seeing a positive test with my own 2 eyes.
We couldn't be happier about having another little one join our family. We are beyond thrilled and anxious about teaching Tanner what it means to be a big brother! We have no idea where we will be in July--if we will be in Idaho still going to school, off doing an internship somewhere, or in school somewhere else. But as we've learned in life, it's best to trust in the Lord. I will graduate in April with my bachelor's degree--6 months pregnant and with an 18 month old. I can't wait for that day. School is becoming less and less of a priority as each day passes by. I need to finish! We will announce the coming of our new little one at Christmas. Life is full of tender mercies. We have been so blessed this year...and can't wait to see what the next year brings! One thing for sure is 2012 will be a great year--when we will meet our 2nd little angel!
...and tomorrow we find out if this little angel is a boy or girl!!

Congratulations Lauralie! I'm so happy for you!! I already can't wait to have another baby--there's nothing so wonderful! And good luck finishing school--exciting times for your family for sure!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to find out! I'm so excited for you guys! Boys are fun! :)
ReplyDelete