Lines of Legacy

Lines of Legacy

LDS Journal

Free Online Journal

Friday, February 11, 2011

Tanner's Blessing


Tanner was blessed on December 26th, 2010 and it was a day I will never forget! He was joined by his sweet little cousin Lindi Kirkham who was also blessed the same day. They are 2 1/2 weeks apart in age. On the morning of the blessings as we were dressing Tanner in his white outfit, we jokingly commented about the chances of Tanner having a blowout while wearing all white..since he's been known to not keep anything IN his diapers. It's the joke around here that when you hear it, you usually have approx. 30 seconds to strip the kid before his clothes turn yellow all up his back.


Right before church, I thought it would be a good idea to feed Tanner so that he would be a happy baby and not cry through his blessing. As I'm in the mother's lounge feeding him, I hear the dreaded, but all too familiar sound of...yep! Of course, luck would have it.. I had left the diaper bag in the chapel not thinking I would be very long nor would need it. By now sacrament meeting had begun, and I hurried in to grab the diaper bag. Luckily we made it back to the mother's lounge and I was able to change his diaper before any leakage...however, still not fast enough. As I reach for the new clean diaper, I see a stream shooting straight up. And we all know what goes up, must come down. Thanks to gravity, the white blanket was dripping wet. At least his outfit wasn't too wet, so we ditched the blanket for his blessing. Right as I rapidly strap on the now wet-not-so-clean diaper, I hear over the intercom the announcement of the blessing of Jeffery Tanner Lines...who is M.I.A. I darted out of there and hurried down the hall where I found Jeff coming to get us. By the time we got back into the chapel, little Lindi was up at the front ready to be blessed. She was an angel!..all dressed in beautiful white lace and a sweet little bonnet. It was a beautiful blessing and she didn't make a peep!...next came Tanner...It was also a beautiful blessing..I think. It was kind of hard to hear over Tanner's wails. So much for the happy baby! I will never forget the face of my little Tan-Tan when his proud Daddy held him up to show him to the congregation. His eyes were shut tight, red face, and an open mouth cry with the quivering tongue.. Yes this was a day I will never forget.

Thank you to all our family who came and shared this special day with us!

2 comments:

  1. You just got to love those little moments! I remember those times... and I hope I ready for more in May! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that sounds like quite the adventure!! So did you guys bless Tanner there in Rexburg or did you go to Yuma? So where are Mitch and his wife nowadays? I'm glad he was blessed though! That's the important part right? :)

    ReplyDelete